09 November 2011

A-Z About Me


I got this blog idea from Andrea, from Pics-O-Andrea, and thought it might be fun to do my own version, so you can get to know me a little better.

A - Z About Me

Adjective: Fabulous! I use this word a lot. I have loved it for years, and don't plan on stopping any time soon.

Bed Size: Queen (not too big, not too small)

Chores that you hate doing: Not a big fan of dusting, oven-cleaning, window-cleaning, or weeding the garden.

Dogs or Cats: I'm definitely a cat person. I love my my kitty, Casper, like no other pet I've ever had before. I wish he could live with me in Australia, but all the things I'd have to do to have him live there, like quarantine, microchip implantation, vaccinations, etc. would have been too much for him and for me to deal with. So he lives with my mom now. I visit him when I'm at her house.

Essential start to your day: Cappuccino. I used to drink filtered coffee, like most Americans, but I made the switch to espresso, thanks to my wonderful Aussie boyfriend, Glen. Now I like to make cappuccinos for us, every morning, complete with stenciled cocoa powder hearts on top. Oh, the little things that make me happy!

Favorite color: Pink! I also love kelly green, aqua, pale sky blue, lilac, grey, white, and pale buttery yellow.

Gold or Silver: I like to wear silver a bit more than gold, for my own jewelry, but I think gold is lovely too. In the home, I like both equally.

Height: 5'2". I look even shorter when standing next to my boyfriend, since he is 6'4". We're kind of an odd couple that way. (We're odd in other ways, no doubt, but this one is the most obvious.)

Instruments you play: None. I attempted to learn to play the piano, in college, just for an elective, something new to try. That's when I discovered that I have absolutely no musical talent or ability whatsoever. Not to mention, I have very small hands, which pretty much doomed my piano-playing from the start.

Job title: That is debatable, right now, but I'd like to say that I'm the "Curator" for my soon-to-launch website "lamb & blonde".

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts: That's a tough one. I think I'm going to have to go with Krispy Kreme. I love their melt-in-your-mouth chocolate-covered cream sticks.

Live: Where do I live? I'm sorta homeless, at the moment. Officially, I'm a resident of Ohio in the U.S.A., but I have had an extended "visit" in Adelaide, South Australia, to be with my boyfriend, and I will be returning there very soon, and applying for residency, as his partner.

Mix tapes: Yes, I am old enough to be able to say that I've made my fair share of them, many moons ago. Complete with special hand-drawn covers.

Nicknames: Friends have called me Miss Kimmy, Kimmers, Kimbo Slice (I had to look that one up). Also, there are various affectionate names that my boyfriend calls me (you don't think I'm really going to tell you those, do you?)

Obsessions: Pretty pictures of pretty things--and pretty things themselves, neatness, order (example: all of my clothes are arranged by color, from tanks to short sleeves, to long sleeves, in my closet), poetry, jazz, art, good food, good wine, weddings, and all things beautiful and romantic.

Pet peeves: When my nails are at the perfect not-too-long, not-too-short length, and then they immediately begin to snag and break, and I have to cut them all short again. Ugh.

Quote: “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” ― Audrey Hepburn

Reading: I used to read a novel just about every week. Then I got into poetry, and read everything I could get my hands on. After that, I kind of got away from reading, even though I was working as a freelance writer, at the time. Now I'm getting back into fiction, and rediscovering how much I love it.

Siblings: I have one younger brother, who bears the name of a well-known cartoon character. (I will refrain from saying the name, since my brother has endured enough years of teasing, as it is.)

Time you wake up: This depends on where I am in the world, where my boyfriend is, and our two very different time zones. Lately, I've been getting up at 6am, because then it is 9:30pm in Adelaide, so Glen and I can chat.

Underwear: Pretty ones, please. And comfy.

Vegetable you hate: So far, I haven't met a vegetable that I didn't like. Just depends on how they're cooked and seasoned and all that jazz. I will say that I really don't like soggy over-cooked veggies, or ones that came out of a can.

What makes you run late: Um, maybe taking a little too long to get purtied up in the morning (Glen would wholeheartedly agree with this statement!). Yes, I'm rather high maintenance, compared to some, it's true. But I can hurry the beauty routine up, if need be, and be out the door pretty quickly.

X-Rays: My teeth (who hasn't?)

Yummy food you make: Lots of good stuff! Glen and I love to cook together. He taught me how to make homemade pasta, which is amazing. Usually, he makes the pasta, and I make the sauce. I also make a very tasty roast chicken. As for my own recipes, I'm particularly proud of my streusel-topped apple-pear pie.

Zoo Animals: I like the big cats, like lions, leopards, and cheetahs. I also adore koalas, kangaroos, and wallabies.

Whew! That's the end. The whole A-Z kit and kaboodle. Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it for you.

Your turn! Blog your own answers, and post a link in the comments section here. Thanks! I'd love to learn more about you!

(Image: photo of Suzy Parker by John Rawlings for Vogue 1953)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I just stumbled into this post, despite reading your blog for quite a while. I think I'll get A-B-C-ing myself too now (hope that you and bump are wonderful and blossoming)