29 January 2013

The man has a gift...

























You've probably heard of designer Nate Berkus, right? 

His stunning Manhattan apartment, in New York City, which was featured in Architectural Digest recently, caught my eye when I saw it on one of my favourite blogs, here. Although I usually go for softer, more feminine home styles, this place made my jaw drop. 

The mix of classic styles and a dash of bravado creates bold beautiful rooms. Berkus combined beloved pieces he had owned for years with bespoke fittings, new oak parquet flooring throughout, fresh paint and wall coverings, as well as clever architectural features and details, to transform the apartment into his dream home.

My favourite space is the library-dining room. As you may recall, I did a post on library-dining rooms, because I love them so much. Another impressive element in this apartment is the glass partitions between some of the rooms, including the kitchen and a guest room.

I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more work by this amazing designer. I may even consider letting some manly elements into The Dream House, which would definitely make my partner happy.

*******

To read the full article, see all of the photos, watch a video about the apartment's transformation, and find out source information, visit Architectural Digest here.

{top image found here; all other images found here}

2 comments:

vicki archer said...

Love... and as for that shoe closet.... dreaming of that...xv

lamb and blonde said...

Thanks for dropping by, Vicki!

What's funny is that, last night, I dreamed that I was looking through an antiques shop, which you owned. I remember I was going to buy a green-blue art deco necklace.

I know I'm blogging too much when I start dreaming about fellow bloggers, who I have never met. At least it is not as bad as when I dream of being on Pinterest. :)